Before you visit:
1. Visitors must complete a COVID-19 test at least two weeks before each visit. Only visitors with negative test results will be allowed to visit. You will be asked to sign an attestation letter to verify that the results of your test are negative. Testing is available at assessment centres across the GTA.
North York General Hospital COVID-19 Assessment Centres:
Branson Assessment Centre
555 Finch Ave. (North Entrance immediately after Finch)
Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (last registration at 7:45 p.m.)
North York General Hospital
4001 Leslie St. (Enter through Emergency Department)
Hours: 24 hours
For a list of all COVID Assessment Centres click here.
2. Do not visit if you are feeling unwell. If you are experiencing one or more symptoms, please do not visit
- Fever, chills or shakes
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
3. Bring a mask or face covering. You must wear a mask or face covering throughout the entire visit at Hawthorne Place.
Upon arrival for your visit:
- You will undergo active screening for symptoms and must successful pass the screening in order continue with your scheduled visit. Please answer the screening questions honestly, as this is one of the most important ways you can help protect the health of your loved one.
- Donn (put on) your facial covering and wear it for the duration of the visit.
- Clean hands using the hand sanitizer provided.
- Wait for staff member to invite you to the visiting area.
- Go to the marked Family/Friend Visiting Area.
- Do not bring any outside beverages or food items to the visiting area.
- Except for service dogs, animals should not accompany visitors.
- Any packaged items that you would like to leave for your loved one should be left with the screener.
During your visit:
- Do not physically embrace with your loved one – maintain 2 meters (6 feet) distance throughout the visit.
- Wear a mask at all times.
- At the conclusion of the visit, clean hands with the hand sanitizer provided.
- Exit the home’s property immediately at the conclusion of the visit.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we implement these new visitor guidelines.